Blog

My photo
My adventures in the Early Childhood Studies program at Walden University have been both challenging and rewarding. I am looking forward to another challenging and rewarding experience! The pictures are of me with my son and with my daughters.

June 22, 2012


Special Thanks!

          When I enrolled in Walden’s master’s program I was unprepared for everything the journey would encompass.  I remember writing a paper during my first class outlining what I would need to ensure completion of the program.  I identified one of my needs as taking care of myself in order to maintain the stamina needed to continue the pace of working full time while taking classes.  What I was unprepared for was the experience and expertise my colleagues would share with me as we traveled together.  I did not foresee my need for support or that I would try to support my colleagues as much as I could.  The support everyone provided along this journey helped me gain insight and knowledge I could not possibly have gained on my own.  The class material along with personal experiences that were shared enriched and broadened my understanding of the importance and extreme value of our profession.  Over the past year and a half the names of some of my colleagues have changed, however the support and camaraderie has not!  Good luck to everyone!  I hope we all are able to fulfill the dream that was our driving force to embark upon this journey.  jomazzei@yahoo.com

5 comments:

  1. My experience has been simular, I thought how are we going to support each other when we never get to meet as in a traditional brick and mortar building. But this experience has been more fulfilling, I think because we all come such different places and have so many different insights into this amazing world we live in. thanks for all your great posts, and good luck on your specialization.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the encouragement and support that you have given to me, Joey! Looking forward to one more class together.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joey,
    I have enjoyed being in classes with you and learning from your blog and discussion posts. I wish you success in the future and good luck with your upcoming courses. I will miss being in classes with you, but you have my personal E-mail address. Keep in touch! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey,
    This course has helped me to be conscious of what I say. I listen more to people with my eyes, ears and body languages. I appreciate your insights and shared experiences. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, Thank you for all the encouraging words! This course I believe has been beneficial to us all. I have greatly enjoyed reading your post each week I wish you the best in all that you do!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete